Hot torrents
First Cams
View Torrent Info: Beauty and the Beast 2017 HDCAM 700MB x264-DiRG
View Torrent Info: Kong.Skull.Island.2017.CAM.XviD-VAiN
View Torrent Info: The Shack 2017 HDCAM x264-iMLEAVING
View Torrent Info: T2.Trainspotting.2017.CAM.XViD-ETRG
Hot torrents
XVID DIVX
View Torrent Info: Resident.Evil.The.Final.Chapter.2016.480p.BRRip.XViD.AC3-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Mums.List.2016.HDRip.XViD-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Split.2016.HC.HDRip.XViD.AC3-ETRG
View Torrent Info: Jurassic.School.2017.BRRip.XviD.AC3-EVO
Hot torrents
H264 X264
View Torrent Info: Paterson.2016.720p.BluRay.X264-AMIABLE[EtHD]
View Torrent Info: Dark Skies (2013) 720p BluRay x264 DTS Soup
View Torrent Info: Resident.Evil.The.Final.Chapter.2016.720p.BluRay.X264-AMIABLE[EtHD]
View Torrent Info: Split.2016.1080p.HC.HDRip.X264.AC3-EVO[EtHD]
Hot torrents
BluRay, 4k UHD
View Torrent Info: Sin City 2005 1080p BluRay x264 DTSHD 7.1 Subs -DDR
View Torrent Info: The Uninvited 2009 Multi 1080p Bluray x264 TrueHD 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Double Team 1997 1080p Bluray x264 DTS 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Crimson Tide 1995 1080p BluRay x264 DTSHD 5.1 Subs -DDR
Hot torrents
Television
View Torrent Info: Arrow.S05E17.HDTV.x264-LOL[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Survivor.S34E03.HDTV.x264-CROOKS[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Blindspot.S02E16.HDTV.x264-LOL[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Designated.Survivor.S01E13.HDTV.x264-LOL[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Tube (2003) UNCUT 720p DVDRip x264 Eng Subs [Dual Audio] [Hindi 2.0 - Korean 2.0] Exclusive By -=!Dr.STAR!=-
View Torrent Info: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (2016) 720p BluRay Hindi DD 5.1Ch - Eng DD 5.1Ch ~ PyZ
View Torrent Info: Robin Hood : Prince of Thieves (2009) 720p UNCUT HDRip x264 Eng Subs [Dual Audio] [Hindi DD 2.0 - Malayalam 2.0] Exclusive By -=!Dr.STAR!=-
View Torrent Info: Speed.(1994).1080p.BDRip.Dual.Audio.Org.DD.{Hindi.2.0 Eng.5.1}.-~{DOOMSDAY}~-
30s
Chat
To add new messages please Login or Register for FREE
Warning! Protect Yourself from Lawsuits and Fines!
Your IP Address is 54.205.223.200.   Location is United States
Your IP Address is visible to EVERYONE. Hide your IP ADDRESS with a VPN while torrenting!
ExtraTorrent strongly recommends using Trust.Zone VPN to anonymize your torrenting. It's FREE!
Hide my IP address!

New Search method vs old search method

Post a Reply    Subscribe to Topic    
poll Poll: what is in your opinion the method of search to be used
Please login or register to view poll results or to make a vote.
Vote right now     Vote right now    
[Prev]  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4   [ 57 posts ]
AuthorMessage
Inpurisnatura avatar
Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 17:26
Author:
Just FYI, this has nothing to do with the previous Daily Show posts....lol

This morning I was searching for some daily meditations or something like that, and I typed daily in the search box at the top. Once that search came up, I chose Books for the category. Page 1 results were all books, but when I clicked the 2 for page 2 results, now I was on page 2 of results with All categories chosen and there were more than 2 pages available now.

The same thing also happened when I chose 365 for the search word and Books for the category.

In heartening news, I am glad I wasn't searching for something weird and would then be embarrassed by my search.
No avatar
Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 03:54
Author:
OLD SEARCH
Sammy1968 avatar
Posted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 01:24
Author: Site FriendET junkieET lovermenSunTurtle
Use to be that whatever you typed in search had to be accurate. Letter for letter. I've made my fare share of typos, but the new system adds suggestions, not the accurate. Still, it's a step in the right direction. Thanks.
MrBlonde avatar
Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 08:06
Author: Blocked
i find suggestive search helpful most of the times and sometimes not so much, but the more i use it and get comfortable with it, the more it grows on me and the better i like it. Time just takes time!
No avatar
Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 16:20
Author:
How about you just fix the search function, period. I tried using the search function to look for the movie Fury, it brought up "Mad Max Fury Road", "Cuban Fury", "Seas Fury", "Dreamwork's Dragons - Gift of the Night Fury" and so on & so on & so on. So I tried eliminating words by using "-" directly before words I wanted to exclude just like all basic search engines allow people to do, only you haven't provided that most basic of search functionalities, trying to do so completely ignores "-" & instead just adds the word afterwards to the search parameters. So instead of trying basic, common sense search practices I instead resorted to using the "advanced" search, chose "movies", chose "with all of the words" & put "fury" in the search window, then I put "road" & then "max" in "without the words" yet your useless search function still spat out numerous torrents for "Mad Max - Fury Road" & next to none for the movie I tried in vain to tell your search function to find for me. So the question begs to be asked, why are you lot wanking around with superfluous garbage bells & whistles when even the most basic search foundation of searching on this site doesn't even exist? Try laying the foundation first before trying to put up the walls & put the roof on.
LRS avatar
Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 16:26
Author: AdminSun
Thanks CrouchingWeasel we will stick it on the "To Do" list right after we finish wanking around as you put it

P.s worked fine for me when choosing movies category or adding date
Selsley avatar
Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 23:42
Author: Site FriendET junkieET loverSupermanKittymenSunTurtle
CrouchingWeasel wrote:
How about you just fix the search function, period. I tried using the search function to look for the movie Fury, it brought up "Mad Max Fury Road", "Cuban Fury", "Seas Fury", "Dreamwork's Dragons - Gift of the Night Fury" and so on & so on & so on. So I tried eliminating words by using "-" directly before words I wanted to exclude just like all basic search engines allow people to do, only you haven't provided that most basic of search functionalities, trying to do so completely ignores "-" & instead just adds the word afterwards to the search parameters. So instead of trying basic, common sense search practices I instead resorted to using the "advanced" search, chose "movies", chose "with all of the words" & put "fury" in the search window, then I put "road" & then "max" in "without the words" yet your useless search function still spat out numerous torrents for "Mad Max - Fury Road" & next to none for the movie I tried in vain to tell your search function to find for me. So the question begs to be asked, why are you lot wanking around with superfluous garbage bells & whistles when even the most basic search foundation of searching on this site doesn't even exist? Try laying the foundation first before trying to put up the walls & put the roof on.

just checked fury movies action and it was listed 5th movie, if you open that link and go down between the listing and comments, you should see a list of other encodes of the same movie,,,,,

must admit adding mad max in the omit words line did not omit mad max from the results list
BJthe1DJ avatar
Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 19:28
Author: Trusted UploaderTurtle
This may be the wrong topic, and if it is then please accept my apologies and direct me to the correct thread.

My wife (wonderful wife, that is) wanted to see the first episode of a new TV series called Pure

So I searched for that word, and as you might expect got many results - so I restricted it to TV and still got many results, lots of them for e TV show called Pure Genius which isn't what she/we wanted.

So I searched for pure -genius and got the same result.

Went to Advanced search: word: pure, exclude word: genius - and still pure genius came up.

As it happened Pure s01e01 was toward the top of the list so I'm currently downloading that.

But what I need to know is why my search failed to exclude the program that I didn't want; was I using the Search or the Advanced Search functions in the wrong way and if so what's the right way??

cheers BJ
19tommy59 avatar
Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 19:35
Author: ModeratorTrue Love
BJthe1DJ wrote:
This may be the wrong topic, and if it is then please accept my apologies and direct me to the correct thread.

My wife (wonderful wife, that is) wanted to see the first episode of a new TV series called Pure

So I searched for that word, and as you might expect got many results - so I restricted it to TV and still got many results, lots of them for e TV show called Pure Genius which isn't what she/we wanted.

Went to Advanced search: word: pure, exclude word: genius - and still pure genius came up.

As it happened Pure s01e01 was toward the top of the list so I'm currently downloading that.

But what I need to know is why my search failed to exclude the program that I didn't want; was I using the Search or the Advanced Search functions in the wrong way and if so what's the right way??

cheers BJ
I entered pure and tv and it comes right up at the top granted other things with the name pure in it were also listed but that is how the function works it gives you all torrents with the name pure in the title but when I check other sites I get the same thing.
BJthe1DJ avatar
Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 03:42
Author: Trusted UploaderTurtle

19tommy59 wrote:

BJthe1DJ wrote:

cheers BJ[/quote]

I entered pure and tv and it comes right up at the top granted other things with the name pure in it were also listed but that is how the function works it gives you all torrents with the name pure in the title but when I check other sites I get the same thing.

Thank you for your contribution, as you will have read I did get the torrent that I was looking for (in fact when I got the first result the torrent had only been posted 17 minute beforehand) and that was not the gist of what I was saying.

The problem is not that I couldn't find what I was looking for, but that the word exclusion part of the search system on this site does not work at all even when going to the Advanced Search page.
BenHowly avatar
Posted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:15
Author:
I am new here so I have only seen new option. Don't know much about the older one. This looks just fine though
No avatar
Posted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 23:25
Author:
Fix the forum basic problems first,
Cant see the poll.

When I click on vote or another option, still not visible.
[Prev]  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4   [ 57 posts ]

Post a Reply    

Forum Search

search in post message
  search in topic subject
Forum

Home - Browse Torrents - Upload Torrent - Stat - Forum - FAQ - Login
ExtraTorrent.cc is in compliance with copyrights
BitCoin: 12DiyqsWhENahDzdhdYsRrCw8FPQVcCkcm
Can't load ExtraTorrent? Try our official mirrors: etmirror.com - etproxy.com - extratorrentonline.com - extratorrentlive.com
2006-2017 ExtraTorrent.cc3