ExtraTorrent.cc - The Largest Bittorent SystemLogin   |   Register
Latest Articles
Most searched
Hot torrents
First Cams
View Torrent Info: The.Fate.of.the.Furious.2017.HDTS.H264.AC3.HQ.Hive-CM8
View Torrent Info: The Boss Baby 2017 720p HD-TS x264 AC3-CPG
View Torrent Info: Before I Fall 2017 HDCAM 700MB x264-DiRG
View Torrent Info: The Belko Experiment 2017 HDCAM 700MB x264-DiRG
Hot torrents
XVID DIVX
View Torrent Info: Mythica.The.Iron.Crown.2016.BRRip.XviD.AC3-EVO
View Torrent Info: The.Void.2016.BRRip.XviD.AC3-EVO
View Torrent Info: Joes.War.2017.HDRip.XviD.AC3-EVO
View Torrent Info: The.Levelling.2016.HDRip.XviD.AC3-EVO
Hot torrents
H264 X264
View Torrent Info: The.Void.2016.720p.BluRay.X264-AMIABLE[EtHD]
View Torrent Info: Mythica.The.Iron.Crown.2016.720p.BluRay.x264-PFa[EtHD]
View Torrent Info: Fifty.Shades.Darker.2017.UNRATED.720p.WEB-DL.H264.AC3-EVO[EtHD]
View Torrent Info: Jurassic World (2015) 720p BluRay x264 DTS Soup
Hot torrents
BluRay, 4k UHD
View Torrent Info: The Void 2016 Bluray 1080P x264 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: The Legend of Ben Hall 2016 Bluray 1080p x264 DTSHD5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Hacker.2016.BluRay.1080p.AVC.DTS-HD.MA5.1-DDR
View Torrent Info: Carmen.1984.1080p.Blu-ray.x264.DTSHD.5.1-DDR
Hot torrents
Television
View Torrent Info: Survivor.S34E08.HDTV.x264-CROOKS[ettv]
View Torrent Info: The.Flash.2014.S03E19.WEB-DL.x264-FUM[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Designated.Survivor.S01E18.HDTV.x264-KILLERS[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Prison.Break.S05E04.HDTV.x264-KILLERS[ettv]
View Torrent Info: Bhadram (2014) Bluray 1080p x264 DTSHD 5.1 -DDR
View Torrent Info: Ho Mann Jahaan (2016) 1080p Untouched WEBHD AVC AAC [DDR]
View Torrent Info: Karachi Se Lahore (2015) 720p Untouched WEBHD AVC AAC [DDR]
View Torrent Info: Shah (2015) 1080p Untouched WEBHD AVC AAC [DDR]
30s
Chat
To add new messages please Login or Register for FREE
Warning! Protect Yourself from Lawsuits and Fines!
Your IP Address is 54.166.238.61.   Location is United States
Your IP Address is visible to EVERYONE. Hide your IP ADDRESS with a VPN while torrenting!
ExtraTorrent strongly recommends using Trust.Zone VPN to anonymize your torrenting. It's FREE!
Hide my IP address!


New Search method vs old search method


Post a Reply    Subscribe to Topic    
poll Poll: what is in your opinion the method of search to be used
Please login or register to view poll results or to make a vote.
Vote right now     Vote right now    
1, 2, 3, 4  [Next]
Page 1 of 4   [ 57 posts ]
AuthorMessage
SaM avatar
Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 14:16
Author:
SaM
Recently we have implemented a new tool which is suggestive search
i have noticed that some of the users are not happy with the new search tool and would like to have the old style back which is normal search option ...

we are making a poll here to vote for the search and would like to know your opinion on what is better

the old style search
the new style search

SleazyMale avatar
Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 14:23
Author: Site FriendET junkieET loverSupermanSunTurtle
Suggestive search is a revised and newer version of the old search it will take time to get used to it and I am in favor of the new search, However,

If there is a way to get our previous search saved along with suggestive search, like in Google(Google has both the suggestive search and the previously searched items saved as cookies if we search for the same thing again they will appear in red) then this whole argument will be solved.
Selsley avatar
Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 14:42
Author: Site FriendET junkieET loverSupermanKittymenSunTurtle
personally i find the old search option much better as it only remembers my specific searches, pressing the text box highlights the word xvid at the top, typing one letter lists all my favs starting with that letter, my personal search is much smaller than the new site search which almost requires me to type in the whole title everytime i want to find a specific file
XpoZ avatar
Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 16:45
Author: Trusted UploaderTurtle
new is nice and good, but if its save our search history, it would best. Like at first row its show our history and second and so on its show purpler keyword.
Slim_Shadie avatar
Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 17:45
Author: Site FriendET junkieET loverSupermanmenSun
can't keep everyone happy SaM , new search is the right way to go in expanding ET's feature , kudos for that

however , if its possible to add a 'disable suggestive search' option in settings then it will leave no objections by anyone ...
LRS avatar
Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 19:06
Author: AdminSun
I'm with dj the more options a user has to personalize there experiance here the better... if possible. As for functionality, give it a little more time we are creatures of habbit :P
enigmatic81 avatar
Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 19:24
Author: Site FriendET loverSupermanSunTurtle
I am in favor of the new search method. I am glad et finally had it, most of the popular torrent sites had this feature a long time ago. A combination of both new and old will be better. But no big concern if we can't have both. The new one is concise and working quite well, we just need to type 3-4 letters more to get the specific torrent. The new one has more advantages. Its helpful for someone who frequently deletes his/her web history. The old one was unable to help much if you didn't know or type the correct names. The new one will give very specific torrents in the result, it will be easier to find the torrent you want. I believe people who are not happy with it now will be used to it soon.
Selsley avatar
Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 22:51
Author: Site FriendET junkieET loverSupermanKittymenSunTurtle

enigmatic81 wrote:
I am in favor of the new search method. I am glad et finally had it, most of the popular torrent sites had this feature a long time ago. A combination of both new and old will be better. But no big concern if we can't have both. The new one is concise and working quite well, we just need to type 3-4 letters more to get the specific torrent. The new one has more advantages. Its helpful for someone who frequently deletes his/her web history. The old one was unable to help much if you didn't know or type the correct names. The new one will give very specific torrents in the result, it will be easier to find the torrent you want. I believe people who are not happy with it now will be used to it soon.


most of the popular torrent sites had this feature you say?
where are they now? no torrent site has been as popular to me as ET has.

i dont like how the new fuction hijacks what i type, i type in one word press enter and it puts s05 after it, i delete s05 press enter and it puts it back again, this doesnt help if im looking for a file from s03
but i must agree, if there was a way to opt in or out that would be good for everyone
SleazyMale avatar
Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 23:02
Author: Site FriendET junkieET loverSupermanSunTurtle
Selsley wrote:

i dont like how the new fuction hijacks what i type, i type in one word press enter and it puts s05 after it, i delete s05 press enter and it puts it back again, this doesnt help if im looking for a file from s03

Ummmmm no! it doesn't hijack the search at least it doesn't for me unless I click on the suggestive results.
enigmatic81 avatar
Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 03:54
Author: Site FriendET loverSupermanSunTurtle
Selsley wrote:
enigmatic81 wrote:
I am in favor of the new search method. I am glad et finally had it, most of the popular torrent sites had this feature a long time ago. A combination of both new and old will be better. But no big concern if we can't have both. The new one is concise and working quite well, we just need to type 3-4 letters more to get the specific torrent. The new one has more advantages. Its helpful for someone who frequently deletes his/her web history. The old one was unable to help much if you didn't know or type the correct names. The new one will give very specific torrents in the result, it will be easier to find the torrent you want. I believe people who are not happy with it now will be used to it soon.


most of the popular torrent sites had this feature you say?
where are they now? no torrent site has been as popular to me as ET has.

i dont like how the new fuction hijacks what i type, i type in one word press enter and it puts s05 after it, i delete s05 press enter and it puts it back again, this doesnt help if im looking for a file from s03
but i must agree, if there was a way to opt in or out that would be good for everyone

Did i say et is less popular?

Mine also same as Sleazy's. It doesn't automatically fill any word while I type something. Only the suggestions come below the keyword word(s) I type, they don't fill automatically unless I press the up and down keys. Infact I don't need to type a word. The suggestions come after pressing few letters. You should realize that the new method is saving a lot of time. How easy it was to find the torrent you want from 100s of torrents that were coming in the results? Whats the harm in typing few more letters or word(s) in the search bar? The new one refines the search, its easy to find what you want.
Badness avatar
Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 07:14
Author: Blocked
Sending members abusive PM's wont win you any friends Selsley, neither will your whining and cryin about certain features that are probably above your head any way. So what you think or dont think, prefer or not doesnt really matter because your gonna be blocked and ip banned soon enough. Time to repent my brother!
Selsley avatar
Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 07:36
Author: Site FriendET junkieET loverSupermanKittymenSunTurtle


Badness wrote:
Sending members abusive PM's wont win you any friends Selsley, neither will your whining and cryin about certain features that are probably above your head any way. So what you think or dont think, prefer or not doesnt really matter because your gonna be blocked and ip banned soon enough. Time to repent my brother!


wow you really are an attention seeker. bringing a pvt arguement from msgs to forum,
what makes your moaning any more legitimate than mine, im griping over an added feature, as are others here, just like id gripe over a tax increase or added bank charges.

youre just griping over other peoples gripes and removing their reputation points
because you have the 10 rep points required to be able to do so.

the fuction we really need is a block feature so i dont have to read your spam in my mail box
amalsk avatar
Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 13:31
Author: Turtle
DJ840 wrote:
can't keep everyone happy SaM , new search is the right way to go in expanding ET's feature , kudos for that

however , if its possible to add a 'disable suggestive search' option in settings then it will leave no objections by anyone ...

+1
dogsthrobber avatar
Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 15:00
Author: Site FriendET junkieET loverKittymenSunTurtle
I do like the new search method. I work with whats given me. Each to his/her own.:}
dogsthrobber avatar
Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 15:06
Author: Site FriendET junkieET loverKittymenSunTurtle
LRS wrote:
I'm with dj the more options a user has to personalize there experiance here the better... if possible. As for functionality, give it a little more time we are creatures of habbit :P

sometimes a change is nice but takes time to adapt like you said. Give it a try and who knows.
1, 2, 3, 4  [Next]
Page 1 of 4   [ 57 posts ]

Post a Reply    

Forum Search


  search in post message
  search in topic subject
Forum


Home - Browse Torrents - Upload Torrent - Stat - Forum - FAQ - Login
ExtraTorrent.cc is in compliance with copyrights
Can't load ExtraTorrent? Try our official mirrors: etmirror.com - etproxy.com - extratorrentonline.com - extratorrentlive.com
2006-2017 ExtraTorrent.cc1